Comfort Keepers, 32985 Hamilton Ct., Suite 202, Farmington Hills, MI 48334, (248) 957-9717.
- "Comfort Keepers caregivers travel to clients' homes to provide care services and living assistance, allowing seniors and disabled individuals to live comfortably and independently. Our non-medical services include assistance with personal care/hygiene, meal preparation, errands, homemaking, light housekeeping, and personal transportation."
SAGE Metro Detroit, 290 W. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, MI 48220, 734-681-0854,
- Serving Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw, Wayne counties
- SAGE Metro Detroit builds awareness and promotes change through advocacy, programming, training, and information so that LGBT older adults may age with dignity and authenticity.
Planned Parenthood provides sexually transmitted disease/infection testing and education, as well as women and men’s health care services. Planned Parenthood’s services are offered on a sliding scale and some are free for those who qualify. Planned Parenthood lists gender identity as one of the characteristics that they do not discriminate against and has also created a booklet on how health care providers can become more inclusive for transgender clients. See http://www.plannedparenthood.org/midsouthmi/contact-us.htm for locations.
Le Dame Footwear, toll-free:877-365-6147, cell: 608-217-2582, fax: 608-845-9529, www.ledame.com "Serving the crossdressing and transgender communities."
Malinda's Shoes, 28th & Division, Grand Rapids.
C.US, Carol Gammon, Shopping Companion, 586-254-7527.
- Kate Rosen, Voice Teacher/Owner
- "Providing singing lessons tailored to your needs. Speaking voice work also available."
Holland Hospital - Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Services (South Washington), 844 Washington Avenue, Suite 1600, Holland, MI 49423. 616-355-3910
- Libby is LGBTQ affirming and supportive. She has knowledge and interest in doing voice therapy with anyone who is transgender and gender-nonconforming. She recently went to a training. If interested, you do need a referral from a physician. The referral can be faxed to 616-395-8791. You can talk to your PCP about putting Unspecified Dysphonia or Resonance Disorder as diagnosis so that hopefully it would be covered by your insurance
Jennifer Gostlin, MA, CCC, Speech Language Pathologist, 355 Briarwood Circle, Building 4, Ann Arbor, 734-998-7880, [email protected]
- "Vary effective Voice lession on cassette, CD, or VCR tape. Melanie's 57 minute audio tape covers the seven keys to a female voice... " --P
- Dr. Musser specializes in voice feminization to help you achieve the voice-gender congruence you desire. Sessions are held via telepractice and offer the highest degree of privacy, convenience, and flexibility.
- It's a three-CD course that covers all the basics of vocal feminization:
Theater Department, Western Michigan University, 1903 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo MI 49008
Community Mental Health Help Lines:
- Holland/Zeeland: 616-396-HELP (4357)
- Grand Haven/Spring Lake: 616-842-HELP (4357)
- All other areas (toll free): 1-800-512-HELP (4357)
The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 (or) Text “START” to 678678, Online chat: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now
National Suicide Help Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255), In an emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room., For non-life threatening information, call 211.
- "I would like to add my services to the list, my name is Sabreena Lachlainn I am a transsexual woman and a public speaker for LGBT Youth and Adult suicide Prevention, I am a member of the Michigan Suicide Prevention Coalition, Michigan Association of Suicidology and the founder and Co-Director of my own Not-for Profit Foundation, Journey For Hope. I do public appearances for a small fee to bring awareness about the seriousness of suicide in Michigan as well Nationally among all people to include our LGBT Community so if anyone is interested in having me speak at their school, church, or community center etc please feel free to contact me."
Surgical Recovery Care
Comfort Keepers, 32985 Hamilton Ct., Suite 202, Farmington Hills, MI 48334, (248) 957-9717." Comfort Keepers caregivers travel to clients' homes to provide care services and living assistance, allowing you to recover in comfort with the support that you need. This specialized care helps ease your transition from a hospital stay to the home. Some of the services Comfort Keepers can provide include the following: support of the care plan to aid the recovery process; assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands; incidental transportation for follow-up visits; peace of mind for family and friends; communication with the medical team as needed"