Mental Health Professionals
- Sandra S. Cole, Ph.D., University of Michigan Health System, Comprehensive Gender Services Program, 734-528-0895, email@example.com
- Joy D. Mutinda, Ph.D, Director, Integrative Empowerment Group, PLLC, 122 South Main St. Suite 200, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, 734-945-6210, www.IntegrativeEmpowerment.com, IntegrativeEmpowerment@gmail.com
- Natasha Lewis-Grinwis, LMSW, Psychotherapist, Sex Therapist, 3300 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 240, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, T: (734) 678-5029, F: (734) 973-2569, firstname.lastname@example.org "I am a clinical social worker in Ann Arbor, MI who specializes in working with sexual health concerns, particularly, with the transgender community. I am affiliated with the University of Michigan's Comprehensive Gender Services Program. I accept all forms of Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, and have a sliding scale fee available to people without insurance."
- Nancy Quay, LMSW, 2030 Packard Rd, Suite 2, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, 734-717-0747. http://www.nancyquay.com. "Since 1997 I've worked with transgendered people, their partners, spouses, and other family members. I welcome all, from those who are questioning to those who are moving toward transition."
- Sandra L. Samons, Ph.D., L.M.S.W., L.M.F.T., Homestead Counseling Center, 1480 Shevchenko Dr., Ann Arbor, MI USA 48103-9001, email@example.com , http://www.sandrasamons.com/ , (734) 663-7871 "Extensive experience with full range of transgender issues. Individual, marital and family therapy, assistance in sorting out options, support for transition. Individual and family therapist knowledgeable about gender issues. Day or evening times available."
- Dr. Dennis Sugrue, Phone : (248) 888-8390 "I see a Gender Therapist who is linked to the University of Michigan Comprehensive Gender Services program. He is helping me, but I must say you get out of it proportionately to what you put in. His office is at Long Lake and Woodward. And my BCBS covers half of my cost." --V.
- Mel Whalen, MS, LLP, Ann Arbor Deaf Psychological Services, LLC, 1785 W. Stadium Blvd., Suite 201C, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, www.a2deafpsych.com "I wanted to let you know about the opening of my new practice this past year. I work with hearing clients as well as those who are Deaf. I know that many people may have a gut-level "oh no" reaction to the idea, but I truly have found that those in the genderqueer and trans communities are often pleasantly surprised to meet someone with a similarly marginalized experience of the world. I am affiliated with the UM Gender Services program, but work in private practice just outside of downtown Ann Arbor, and am happy to provide references to anyone who asks."
- Cynthia MacLeod, PsyD, Post Doctoral LLP at Dennis & Moye & Associates, 1750 S. Telegraph Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48034 Cell: 248.497.3921. "Member of World Professional Association for Transgender Health. Evaluation and psychotherapy. Also specializing in healing from trauma."
- Dennis Sugrue, Ph.D., Associated Psychologists of Michigan, PC. 74 W. Long Lake Rd. (just west of Woodward Ave.) 248-642-6066 248-688-8390
- Deborah R. Donison, Ph.D., 18091 Muirland, Detroit, MI 48221, 313- 862-3597, Fax: 313- 862-5852 firstname.lastname@example.org "Has been working with transgendered people for over 10 yrs. in the Detroit area."
- See also Bloomfield Hills, Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Livionia, Monroe, Plymouth, Rochester, Royal Oak, Troy, & Utica.
- Antonia Caretto, Ph.D., PLLC, 25882 Orchard Lake Road, Suite 201, Farmington Hills, MI 48336, (248) 553-9053 www.BeTreatedWell.com "I work with gender variant children, teens, and adults."
- Colleen E. Crane MSW, LCSW, LMSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Master Social Worker, (248) 330-3585, www.colleencranemsw.com "I am a sex therapist and sexual health educator in Farmington Hills. I completed the sex therapist program at UM and I am in the process of my application to be a CST."
- Lee Padula, Ph.D., Psychologist, InnerChange Counseling Center, 37677 Professional Center Dr. #110C, Livonia, 48154, 734-953-3333. "Licensed psychologist, marital and family therapist, certified sex therapist. More than ten years of experience working with CD/TG/TS/SOs and families in the gender community."
- Michael D. Welch, CSW, CCFC, Sanctuary, 19 E. First St., Monroe, MI 48161, office: 734-240-4803, email: email@example.com, http://www.e-therapy.biz "I specialize in sexuality, relationships, and substance abuse.as well as a wide variety of issues that people face."
- Karen J. Maier- PH. D, LP. - KaraLee and Associates 1308 Main St. Plymouth, MI. 48170, Ph# (734) 451-3440 Fax# (734) 451-8720
- Nancy Bregier, M.A., LLPC, NCC (Sliding Scale), Psychotherapist, Eastwood Clinics, 3950 S. Rochester Road, Rochester hills, MI 48307, (248)844-6234 clinic, fax (248)844-6237
- Shari Slebodnik, M.S., LLP, Limited Licensed Psychologist, Rockafellow Psychological Services, PC, 1055 South Blvd E Ste 210, Rochester Hills, MI 48307 , (248) 656-0500, http://rockafellowcounseling.com/
- Don Sidelinker, Ph.D., M.A., LPC , 2468 Skylark, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, (248)844-9249, cell: (248)227-8107, firstname.lastname@example.org , (Sliding scale/Surgical Referrals)
- Susan Stackpole, Innovative Behavioral Health Services, 633 E South Blvd, Rochester, 48307, 248-608-8800.
- Rosemary A. Jozwiak, MA, LPC, CSW, CCBT, DVCe, Psychotherapist, 524 E. Fourth St., Royal Oak, MI 48067, 800-963-9163, email@example.com, http://www.therapy4you.com "Individual and group therapy services offered. Over 15 years experience working with the trans community. Sliding scale fee."
- Adam G. Hamilton, Licensed professional counselor, Abaris Behavioral Health. 5050 Schoenherr Rd, Shelby Twp. MI 48315, 586-360-7745.
- Michael Goven, www.Refectionscounseling.com , 248-0050. "Looking for a counselor and phy to go through transition with? Michael Govan in Troy, MI did my counseling for hormones, top surgery and bottom. The other guy Tom who is a licenced PhD phy wrote my second letter. They made me feel like just a normal guy and I didn't feel like I was wasting time. I was their first trans patient, so it was a learning exsperence for them and me. But now that I have finished being under their care, I consider Mike a friend." --Kris
- Eric S Blumberg, Ph.D., LPC, CAAC Bonaventure Center 11111 Hall Road, Suite 303 Utica, MI 48307 office: 586 - 997 - 3153 cell: 248 416 0685 (best way to call me to explore whether it makes sense to come in) www.wentworthandassociates.com "I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with 29 years experience. I was active in Ferndale, where I live, to bring the current non discrimination ordinance into being. I work with any person who has issues... relationship, individual, or sexual without regard to gender orientation or lifestyle choices (kinky, open/poly). As a long time member of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality I have been educated to a considerable degree about the problems faced by those whose physical birth gender does not match their internal sensed self. Having just entered private practice after a long career in the public sector, I would be pleased to be listed on your Trans Pages as a therapist open to working with the issues brought to me. I am a Cognitive Therapist. Our clinic, about which more can be learned by going to the website listed below, is able to accept many insurances such as BCBSM and HAP."
- Jolene Gillies Ph. D. intern, LMSW “I’m a therapist who has extensive experience with transgender issues and I’m a MTF transgender person who has experience living the transgender life. I’m practicing with Wentworth and Associates 11111 Hall Rd. in Utica, MI. Most insurances accepted, sliding fee scale available for those who need one. No one is turned away if they can’t pay the full fee”. Call 989-321-1842 to discuss making an appointment.
- Paulette Niemiec, MA, LLPC, phone: 734-578-4812, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com www.paulette63.weebly.com "I am a professional counselor with 12 years experience in the field. I specialize in L.G.B.T. issues, especially those related to being transgender. I am currently in transition preparing for surgery myself so I can have empathy for those preparing for or whom have entered into transition themselves. I provide individual, relationship and family therapy. I work within the guidelines of WPATH and have the ability to provide letters for those in need of such for gender identity or letters of recommendation for hormone therapy. I am available most afternoons, evenings and Saturdays. I work out of a church (l.g.b.t. friendly) in Westland or can rent an office here at Affirmations, which ever is convienent for my clients. Call the number provided for a free initial assessment of your situation and to schedule an appointment. Fees for services are paid in cash/check; and are negotiable according to income. "
- Miriam Schaffer, ACSW, BCD, New Counseling Center, G-1309 S. Linden Rd. STE D, Flint, MI 48532, 810-732-6111
- Susan M. Wedda, MSW, Clinical Social Work, Auburn Counseling Associates, 3600 S. Dort Hwy. Suite 44 , Flint, MI 48507, (810) 744-3300. Insurance Accepted: Aetna, Blue Cross, Blue Care Network, CIGNA, HealthPlus, McLaren Health Plan, Medicare, United Behavioral Health (OptumHealth), Value Options, TRICARE, Cofinity/PPOM, Magellan, MHN, Genesee Health Plan B. Has a sliding scale for payment of services. She has worked with many clients who identify as transgender and identifies herself as trans-friendly: “I have treated transgender individuals over the years and have been accepting of their gender identity. I have worked to assist them in finding trans-friendly physicians when necessary as well as other referrals and support groups. I have also worked with colleagues, staff, and others regarding acceptance and understanding of trans issues.” Practice offers unisex bathrooms and provider refers to clients using preferred gender. What she wants you to know about her practice: “I have a general practice but I have considerable experience in treating LGBT clients. I have also have lots of experience in treating those with HIV/AIDS in the past 25 years since the beginning of my work with Wellness, the support groups, and having been a Board member.”
- Dr. Veronica Williams-Latnie, MSW, PhD, Behavioral Health/Psychology, Social Work, Hamilton Community Health Network, 4009 N Saginaw St., Flint, MI, (810) 789-9141. Most insurance is accepted, including Medicaid. Has a sliding scale for office fees. Has had many transgender clients and has formal training in working with transgender clients. She considers herself to be trans-friendly.
- Oakland Psychological Clinic (810) 695-0055 10785 S Saginaw St # A Grand Blanc, MI
- LaVange Barth, LMSW, Outpatient Clinician | Cherry Health, HOTC Counseling Center, 100 Cherry Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, 616.965.8200, firstname.lastname@example.org "I have experience working with the trans population and am undergoing training and supervision from UofM to become a sex therapist."
- Community Counseling and Personal Growth, 540 Cherry St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, 616-456-1586
- Deborah Spoors, MA LLP: Imago Therapist, Individual, Couples, Group, (616) 456-1586 Grand Rapids, MI 49503, email@example.com
- Diversity Counselling and Therapy Centre, PLLC., Annita List, MSW ACSW CFT, CAC Grand Rapids, MI, Private practice specialising in diversity, both with the population they serve and the issues they present. Practice established in 1995.
- Thomas J. Fox, LMSW, CAADC, Therapist, Arbor Circle Outpatient Counseling Services, 1115 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, Office 616.459.7215 ext. 1375, Fax 616.451.0020, firstname.lastname@example.org, "My name is TJ Fox and I am a therapist working in the Grand Rapids area. I am also a trans man. I have started working with other trans clients to assist them with their transition. I work at an non profit organization called Arbor Circle. We work with people with mental health and substance abuse disorders and they are very supportive of me working with trans clients."
- Jason Kae-Smith, LMSW, CST, Psychotherapist, AASECT-Certified Sex Therapist, 2020 Raybrook SE, #203, Grand Rapids, MI 49546, (616) 690-0010, www.Jasonkae-smith.com "I just wanted to let you know that I am an AASECT-Certified Sex Therapist and I work with a number of people in Grand Rapids who identify as trans, gender variant, etc."
- Annita List, MSW ACSW CFT, CAC, Diversity Counseling and Therapy Center, PLLC, Grand Rapids, MI, 616-451-1965"Private practice specializing in diversity. Practice established in 1995." "Annita is somewhat for better or worse the TG guru of Grand Rapids. She is one of the more well known Theripists that deals with TG issues here in GR. Some have found her style not the best, but seh is very good and carries a great reputation in our community."
- Mary L. Viventi, MA, CSW, ADS, TFT, at Life Guidance Services, 1400 Leonard NE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49505-5515 Ph # 616-774-0633, http://www.lifeguidanceservices.org. "She is totally excellent, loads of experience, was married, divorced and had to come out also, familiar with all GLBT and BDSM. They accept most insurance and even work with low-income folks." --K.
- Dr. Ron Crafton EdD., 5955 West Main St., Kalamazoo, Mi. 49009, Ph. 269-375-5142 "Dr. Ron Crafton is a Fully Licensed Psychologist and Licensed Professional Counselor with significant experience in transgender issues. Most insurance accepted and sliding fee scale is available."
- Catherine Ellis, MA, Psychotherapy, Collaborative Coaching, and Mediation, 2001 Hudson Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008, (269) 341 9725, email@example.com , www.cellistherapy.com
- Jen Emmerich, LMSW, ACSW, Counseling & Psychotherapy, 4341 S. Westnedge Ave. #2106, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, 269-544-2460, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara W. Gustin, LMSW, Family & Children's Services, 1608 Lake St., Kalamazoo, MI 49001, 269-373-0248x124
- Dawn Vollink. Children & Family Psychological Services, 5340 Holiday Terrance, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, 269-372-4140
- Barb Homrich 616-949-7460 "Barb is a former co-worker of mine she is a great openminded person and from what I hear a good therapist also."
- David Morse 616-464-2560 "I just got off the phone with David. He is very comfortable having people dealing with various transgendered issues as clients. He expressed he has not had much experience with this however he works extensively in the LGBT community. His focus he says is the importance of being who you are."
- West Shore Psychotherapy Center, 16175 Robbins Road, Grand Haven, MI 49417, 616-638-4671, fax: 616-842-6250
- Annette L. Fortino, LCSW, 3960 Patient Care Way SUITE 101 (off Jolly Rd near Dunckel), Lansing, MI 48911, 517-882-3732.
- Maxine Thome, MSW, Lansing, MI , 517-881-5074, "Maxine Thome, MSW, has been practicing for many years in the Lansing area and works with trans clients. I have worked closely with Max on a number of transgender and LGB health advocacy concerns. She has enormous compassion, and a deep commitment to trans issues. A very experienced therapist, she is also connected to other health providers."
- Arnold Berkman, S PHD - Consulting Assoc, 4084 Okemos Rd # A, Okemos, MI 517-349-8388
- The Veterans Hospital, in Iron Mountain, MI is forming a group to address the needs and concerns of any former Military personnel that deal with or have dealt with the Gender Dysphoria issues in their life. The contact person is Cory, in the Mental Health Dept. the Circle of Care section.at 800-215-8262 ext 3254
- Rachel Prenzler, LMSW, MPA Group, 1217 S. Euclid Ave., Bay City, MI 48706 989-667-9661 ext. 238
- Rachel Prenzler, LMSW, Kneaded Thoughts, 10344 Thor Dr. Suite A, Freeland, MI 48623 989-573-8225
- Kathy Volke MA, LLPC, Northern Michigan Counseling Services, Offices in Traverse City and Gaylord, Michigan, 231.492.3935 (Sliding Scale) Member: American Counseling Association, ALGBTIC (Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered Issues in Counseling), WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgendered Health)
- Kathy Volke MA, LLPC, Northern Michigan Counseling Services, Offices in Traverse City and Gaylord, Michigan, 231.492.3935. (Sliding Scale) Member: American Counseling Association, ALGBTIC (Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered Issues in Counseling), WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgendered Health)