- American Friends Service Committee, 1414 Hill St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 Michael Gibson-Faith, Director of lgbT issues program, 734-761-8283, email@example.com
- Creative Expressions Group for LGBT & questioning teens ages 13-18, teens of queer parents, & straight allies 13-18. Meets Saturdays, 1-4 pm, at Ozone House, 1705 Washtenaw/Oxford, Ann Arbor, east of Hill St. Call Ozone House 734-662-2265 for more information.
- Jim Toy Community Center (formerly Washtenaw Rainbow Action Project - WRAP), PO box 7951, 325 Braun Ct, Ann Arbor, MI 48107, 734-995-9867, http://www.wrap-up.org
- TAP2 (Transwomen Are People Too), A Community Health Awareness Group (CHAG) - Behavioral Health/Case management Program “Providing Information for a Health-Wise Community”, 1300 W. Fort Street, Detroit, MI 48226, Phone (313) 963-3434, FAX (313) 963-1832. Our “Target” – African-American Transwomen between the ages of 18 & 29 who are High Risk for HIV or are currently living with HIV/AIDS.What Does TAP2 Offer? Through Case Management, We Assist Clients with Accessing: Doctors Appointments; Medications; Legal Name Change; Mental Health Evaluations.
Affordable Care Act Navigation; Basic Needs: Many TAP2 Clients Benefit from assistance with Accessing basic living needs such as housing, employment, food, and clothing.
How to Get Started? Contact Program Staff:
Brenda White - Outreach & Recruitment Specialist (313) 963-3434 ext. 143
Teen Davis - Outreach & Recruitment Specialist (313) 963-3434 ext. 112
Sarah Stewart, MSW - CLEAR Clinician (313) 963-3434 ext. 145 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transitions - Gender Variant Support Group, Rockafellow Psychological Services, 1055 East South Blvd, Suite 210, Rochester Hills, Mi 48307, (586) 838-0825 https://www.facebook.com/groups/TransitionsGroup/ . "This is an open support group, offered at no cost. Providing continued support for those who find stereotypical gender boxes restrictive and confining. The goal of this group is to offer a place where participants can embrace equality, support, and inclusion in a non-judgmental atmosphere, and provide interaction with others to discuss, and harvest resources and information on all topics that affect the Transgender and Gender Variant communities.Advocates, Allies, Friends and Loved Ones are always welcome."
- Eastern Michigan University, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered Resource Center, 201-C Goodison Hall, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197 TEL: 313-487-4149 Ken Papineau
- Flint Trans Spectrum, We meet at 7pm every 3rd Friday of the month at Wellness, 311 E. Court St., Flint, MI 48502., Call (810) 232-0888, http://www.transgenderflint.com email@example.com All transgender, transsexual, crossdresser, genderqueer, intersex, or questioning people are welcome, as well as friends, family, allies, and partners. Come dressed as you prefer; there is a changing area available if you need it.
- Team T at Genesee County PFLAG, Team T, a Transgender Support group, meets as part of PFLAG Genesee County. Contact Charlie Ford firstname.lastname@example.org for information about Team T. He is also available outside of the PFLAG meeting times if anyone needs support or has trans related questions, especially about in the Flint area. PFLAG Genesee County Chapter Meeting, Meets the second Sunday from 2-4pm, Unitarian Universalist Church of Flint, 2474 S Ballenger Hwy. Flint, MI 48507, www.pflagflint.com email@example.com, Call 810-496-8302. PFLAG is Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbian and Gays. Originally PFLAG started as a support system for parents, family, friends, and loved ones of transgender, lesbian, gay, and bisexual people. Now, PFLAG supports all gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender/gender non-conforming people and their friends, family, spouses, and loved ones. PFLAG runs support groups for friends/family/allies, lesbian, bisexual and gay people, and transgender people. After every meeting is an educational portion.
- University of Michigan, Flint, Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Center
- 3Ci (Calhoun County Coalition for Inclusion) This group is for members of the Calhoun County Coalition for Inclusion (3Ci), as well as members of GSAs in Calhoun County and all supporters of LGBTQIAA Calhoun County residents! The purpose of this group is to give you a place to schedule meetings, network with each other, and support open and affirming places in Calhoun County! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Puff 'n Stuff. Or After Six, P.O. Box 126 Comstock Park, MI 49321 Support group in Grand Rapids for Transsexuals.
- After Six, Grand Rapids area support for transsexuals, PO Box 126, Comstock Park, MI. 49321 USA.
- IME of Western Michigan, P.O. Box 1153 Grand Rapids, MI 49501 Support group for Crossdressers and Transsexuals. Bi-monthly newsletter.
- The Kalamazoo Gay & Lesbian Resource Center, 629 Pioneer Street, Kalamazoo, MI. 49008, http://www.kglrc.org
Grand Valley State University
- Transspectrum, Student life dept., Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI. "So as of March 19th GVSU now has a school recognized support setting for transgender & gender nonconformist individuals. The group meets every Thursday from noon until 2pm in the Kirkhof building. For more information feel free to contact Grand Valley Student life at 616-331-2345. Or contact the Grand Valley LGBT resource center at 616-331-2530"
Western Michigan University
- LGB fraternity Delta Lambda Phi
- PFLAG Jackson, http://community.pflag.org/jacksonmichigan . "We have TG support and a great TGcoordinator, Julie Nemecek. Our meetings are always the second Thursday. We meet at Immanuel Lutheran Church at 7:00PM. Our website lists each meeting; Contact us at email@example.com, or call (517)750-3045 or (517)536-8042."
Michigan State University
- The Keweenaw Peninsula GLBT Group meets every Thursday evening starting at 7:30 pm at the Cyberia Café coffee House in Houghton for a social time, this group includes several TG folk. A confidential support group meets weekly as well, for further information contact Dianne at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (906) 482- 7183, or contact Sue at (906) 487-2538.
- The Veterans Hospital, in Iron Mountain, MI is forming a group to address the needs and concerns of any former Military personnel that deal with or have dealt with the Gender Dysphoria issues in their life. The contact person is Cory, in the Mental Health Dept. the Circle of Care section.at 800-215-8262 ext 32541
- Transgender Central Michigan, Meeting on the 3rd Tuesday in Mt.Pleasant MI , 989-572-0246. Please call for time and location People who are transgender or questioning and their significant others are welcome.
Central Michigan University
- Office of Gay & Lesbian Programs, LGBT Commission, Michigan Student Assembly, Michael L. Stemmeler, Coordinator, Ozell Hayes II, Chairperson; 313-549-2045
- Northwest Michigan Gender Society, CD/TS support group. SOs or partners support also available. PO Box 271,Petoskey, MI 49770
- LGBTQ Support Group, Facebook page . Meets at UUCCGT, 6726 Center Rd, Traverse City. Contact Rachel Snyder, 800-842-2954 x 107
- TGNet Arizona, Tucson, AZ. The organization that Alexander Goodrum founded, TGNet Arizona, has merged with the Southern Arizona Gender Alliance (SAGA). You can visit both web sites via http://www.sagatucson.org or www.tgnetarizona.org.
- The Vancouver GNO Club, Vancouver, Canada, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vangno. "The club is for local and out of town T-Girls/CD's and their SO's to meet, chat, and plan outings together. If you plan to come this way, or would like to meet on-line friends, we welcome you to look us up." --Tora Roberts
- The Butterfly Project, AIDS Project East Bay, 1755 Broadway, 2nd Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, 510-663-7979, http://www.apeb.org
- Meal-Trans, 519 Church St, Community Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 416-392-6874 the 519, Toronto, Canada.
- Gender Education & Advocacy, Inc., http://www.gender.org, email@example.com, Main Office: PO Box 65, Kensington, MD 20895, West Coast Office: 5245 College Ave, #142, Oakland, CA 94618, Southeastern Office: PO Box 33724, Decatur, GA 30033.
- Human Rights Campaign, 1640 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20036, http://www.hrc.org
- International Foundation for Gender Education (IFGE), PO Box 229, Waltham, MA 02254, 617-899-2212, http://www.ifge.org.
- S.P.I.C.E., PO Box 8159, Minneapolis, MN 55408, firstname.lastname@example.org. Supports wives of crossdressers, part of Tri-ESS.
- Society for the Second Self (Tri-ESS), 8880 Bellaire B-2 #104, Houston, TX, email@example.com
- Transgender Officers Protect and Serve (TOPS), 3210 Tom Matthews Drive, Lakeland, FL 33809, 888-983-3222, 812-752-9228,firstname.lastname@example.org