- Kim Gross, PA, Family Medicine Physician Assistant, (810) 743-6830. Accepts all insurances. Has a sliding scale for fees. Provides services for those who are homeless and/or uninsured. Has formal training in transgender issues and believes in treating all people with respect. Considers herself to be trans-friendly. Practice does not have unisex bathrooms.
- Dr. Gary Roome, M.D., Family Practice Physician, (810) 743-6830
Genesee County Health Department, 630 S. Saginaw St., Suite 4, Flint, MI 48502-1540, 810-257-3445 "Genesee County Health Department has opened up a primary care clinic. We are affiliated with Wellness Services. The clinic is open to anyone but we are focused on promoting services to LGBT+ and HIV+ patients."
David Hamaker PA-C, Family Practice Certified Physician’s Assistant, 5142 Miller Rd, Flint, MI 48507, (810) 733-3660
Office of Dr Michael Young D.O, 3441 Lapeer Rd, Flint MI 48503, 810-742-2060
- Sandra Mens Manssur, Nurse Practitioner (Starting Oct 3, 2016) (Patients need to pick Dr Young as primary care provider but can schedule directly with me.)
Dr. Bedi, DO, Family Practice Physician, 2462 East Hill Road, Grand Blanc, MI 48439-5427, (810) 695-3525
Grand Traverse County
- Steven Woodworth MD, Endocrinology, Gynecology. "Dr. Woodworth is an ICATH Informed Consent Provider so no therapist letter or GP referral is needed. On-site lab capability. The clinic accepts UPHP Medicaid with no prior authorization or referral needed. They also accept credit."
- John Crisler, DO PLLC, 517-485-4424
Kermith A. Scarlett, DO, 1808 S Pennsylvania Ave #1, Lansing, MI 48910, (517) 267-1270. "Dr. Scarlett has a number of TG patients and is very supportive, however he is not a hormone specialist. You may want to consult with another doctor first, if you do not already have a hormone plan." --R.
Bronson Family Medicine - John St. (A department of Bronson Methodist Hospital), 601 John St., Suite M-020, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 341-8282
- Bojan Hrpka, DO, Family Medicine. He does prescribe HRT and is trans-friendly general practitioner
Bronson Internal Medicine Oshtemo, 5629 Stadium Drive, Suite B, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 544-3270
- Trans-friendly office, if she isn't taking new patients Dr. Newcastle is also trans friendly. They do not prescribe HRT, generally
Bronson Family Health Center, P.C., 117 W. Paterson St., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 349-4373
- Kristi L. VanDerKolk, MD, Family Medicine, www.bronsonhealth.com Trans friendly doctor with several current trans patients, will prescribe HRT.
Dr. Douglas C Daly, MD (Endocrinologists), 55 Midtowne Street North East Suite 300, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 [Currently not taking any new transgender patients]
Mercy Health St. Mary's Hospital, 300 Lafayette SE, Ste 2045, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Dr. Emilie Collins MD, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, (616) 685-3098
Dr. Nathan E. Pomeroy, MD, 4069 Lake Drive South East Suite 315, Grand Rapids, MI 49546, (616) 267-8950
Dr. Ralph Schwartz DO, 31022 Utica Rd, Fraser, MI, 586-771-1070. "An FTM had a very unpleasant experience with this doctor. Dr Schwartz said, "I mean, if you were going the other way, I wouldn't have a problem, but I'm not treating this. Go find someone else." --S. "I have known Dr. Schwartz for about 25 years and I have some friends who go to him on a regular basis. They all like him. These are all MtoF Post and Pre-op." --K.
Farmbrooke Family Medicine, 16800 24 Mile Rd, Macomb Twp, MI 48042, (586) 697-5384
- Stephine K Slate, BSN, NP-C
Dr. Jordan Sennett, Marquette, MI 49855, (906) 225-3910
Dr. Bethany Brown, DNP, CNM, WHNP, Sexual Counselor and Educator, Assistant Professor, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI, www:inclusionsexualhealth.org, firstname.lastname@example.org "Salley Folley is currently my supervisor as I am almost done with AASECT certification for sexual counsellor and Educator. I have been a nurse midwife/NP taking care of transgender patients (male and female) for 11 years. I live in Muskegon, MI and there are not a lot of resources in this side of the state. I am consulted by the public health dept over often when they have transgender clients and I provide services and further therapy referrals and resources to them."
Endocrine Specialists, PC, 15506 S Telegraph Rd, Monroe, MI 48161, (and additional offices in Toledo, OH and Oregon, OH), http://endomds.com/
- Dr. M. Moosa, MD, board certified Endocrinologist
Guiang Herman MD, 1500 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI 49444, (231) 733-1009
George Overly, MD, 800 E Ellis Rd #225, Norton Shores, MI 49441 (231) 798-9840
- William Powers D.O., (Starting August 15, 2016)
- "I provide primary medical care, hormone therapy for transgender, laser hair removal, and facial feminization using facial fillers and botox"
Center for Transforming Health, 2111 Cass Lake Road, Ste 101, Keego Harbor, MI 48320, 248-481-7287
- Patricia Schmidt, DO, FACOI, "I practice and care for a number of trans individual, providing Hormone therapy as well as primary care for their needs."
Dr. Jacalyn Bishop, 44000 West 12 Mile Road, Suite 103, Novi, MI 48377, (248) 347-3344, http://www.endocrinekids.com/ "At first meet, she comes off as a very friendly and open-minded person. She is also very respectful and sensitive to transgender people/issues and actually educates other pediatric doctors on such topics. Dr. Bishop definitely knows what she's doing too. On my second appoint with her I got my first shot of testosterone and I go every 3 months for follow ups. The office staff is also friendly as well and will address you with your preferred name and pronouns." --C
Dr. Opada Alzohaili, Endocrinologist, 27207 Lahser, Southfield, MI 48034, (248) 223-1293
Spectrum Health, Medical Group, 4868-2 Lake Michigan Dr NW, Allendale, MI 49401, 616-391-2800
David Alvarez, DO, East Ann Arbor Health Center, Ann Arbor, 734-647-5640.
Kathy Bobay, NP, Community Family Health Center, Ann Arbor, 734-998-6117.
Gary Hammer, 1500 E. Medical Center Drive, 3920 Taubman Center, Box 0354, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0354 Telephone: 734-936-8279, Fax: 734-936-9240
Amanda Kaufman MD, Integrative Healthcare Providers, 3053 Miller Road (at M-14), Ann Arbor, MI 48103, 734-547-3990, 734-547-3980 (fax)/ "I practiced at the University of Michigan for 9 years before moving to private practice. I accept most insurances as well as several Medicaid plans. I am a WPATH member and keep abreast of new knowledge through their journal and listserve. I practice holistic family medicine and integrative medicine. I am comfortable starting hormones when the client has an established relationship with an experienced therapist and has a letter recommending hormones."
Sumer Belbez Pek, MD, Professor of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology & Metabolism, 5560 MSRB-2, Box 0678, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 USA, 734.763.3056, 734.936.6684 fax, email@example.com "I had a horrible experience with Dr. Pek. He is NOT very knowledgeable on genderqueer people. He is very old school and I've heard a lot of bad things come from FTMs about him." --C "I also see Dr. Pek but I've had a pleasent experience with him. He has been a good doctor for me. He is old school, but I don't identify as genderqueer." --CS
Dr. John Francis Randolph Jr, Center For Reproductive Medicine, 475 Market Pl Ste B, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, (734) 763-4323.
Pamela Rockwell, DO, East Ann Arbor Health Center, Ann Arbor, 734-647-5640.
Daniel Shumer, MD, MPH. Mott Children’s Hospital, Univeristy of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor. 734-764-5175 (ask to speak to Kari). "The Gender Management (GEM) Program at Mott Children’s Hospital has been developed to care for transgender and gender non-conforming patients. This program works hand-in-hand with the University of Michigan Health System Comprehensive Gender Services Program (UMHS-CGSP). Dr. Daniel Shumer is a Pediatric Endocrinologist at GEM who is experienced at working with transgender youth. He follows the World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH) guidelines to help adolescents with transition, including puberty suppression (blockers) and cross-sex hormones (such as testosterone and estrogen)."
Angela Subauste, 1500 E. Medical Center Drive, 3920 Taubman Center, Box 0354, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0354 Telephone: 734-936-8279, Fax: (734) 936-9240 "She's KICK A**, but new to it all"
University of Michigan Health System Comprehensive Gender Services Program (UMHS-CGSP), 2025 Traverwood Drive, Suite A1, Ann Arbor, MI 48105-2197, 734-998-2150, http://www.med.umich.edu/transgender .
James Cook, MD, Chelsea Family Practice Center, Chelsea 734-475-1321. "Hard to reach"
Grant Greenberg, MD, Chelsea.
Corner Health Center, 47 N. Huron Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197, 734.484.3600, www.cornerhealth.org "We have been providing Trans* care for almost 20 years and prescribe blockers and hormones to individuals in our age range [aged 12 through 25] regardless of ability to pay. We have mental health services on site."
- Kathryn Bondy Fessler, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director "I am the primary physician for those seeking help with medical transition."
Ypsilanti Family Practice Center, Ypsilanti, 734-482-6221
Henry Ford Health System, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone and Mineral Disorders, New Center One, 3031 W. Grand Blvd, Suite 800, Detroit, MI 48202, 313-916-2141
- Jessica Shill, MD, Senior Staff Physician. "I see transgender and gender non-conforming patients ages 15 and above. I also supervise the endocrinologists in training (fellows) in our division so they learn how to assist transgender and gender non-conforming people with cross-sex therapy. I have seen 60 trans patients. Currently following about 40."
Opada Alzohaili MD FACE, 1331 Monroe Street, Dearborn, Michigan 48124, 313-914-5591. "This Dr. said he has a few trans patients, and as a MTF I received no form of hate, discrimination, and was treated with the highest level of respect. The staff is all friendly, and amazing...highly recommended." --D.G.
Youthville Health Center, 7375 Woodward, Detroit, MI 48202, phone: 313-309-1475
- Maureen D. Connolly, MD, "My name is Mo Connolly and I am a pediatrician with Henry Ford Health System. My clinical focus is the care of LGBTQ adolescents and young and adults. In addition to general primary care, I do puberty blockers and hormone therapy for young people 10-21 years old. I work in Henry Ford's school-based and community health program, which means I am able to see patients regardless of their insurance status and labs and medications are covered by our program for uninsured patients."
KaraLee & Associates Centre for Self and Family, 1308 S. Main Street, Plymouth, MI. 48170, PH. 734-451-3440, fax. 734-451-8720, www.karaleeandassociates.com "I haven't felt this comfortable with a therapist since I lived in California"--C.
Eli Silver, ND, 248-397-4664, www.EliSilverND.com "I am a trans doctor (FTM) in Pleasant Ridge. I'm a naturopathic doctor so I mostly work on digestion, nervous system issues, autoimmune conditions, chronic pain, and diet and nutrition. I also do a lot of pediatrics and love working with LGBTQ families. I don't prescribe hormones at the moment (we are in the middle of our licensure process in Michigan so I won't have prescribing rights till that's finished). I mostly work with diet, functional lab work, herbs and specific nutrient supplements, and homeopathy. My ability to accept insurance is limited to HSA's and FSA's. My business number is 248-397-4664, my address is 23650 Woodward Ave Suite 104, Pleasant Ridge MI 48069, and my website is www.elisilvernd.com ."