How do I change my name in Michigan?
- Go to your county's Probate Court.
- Get forms for name change and complete.
- They will advertise the name change in the local Legal News.
- You will be directed to get fingerprinted for a background check.
- Stand before the Judge or their representive and swear there is no fraud involved in this change.
- They will sign your document.
- Take copies of this document to Social Security, Secretary of State, your bank, etc.
- Congradulations! Your name change is complete.