Who We Are
Field Support Team
- Vanessa E. Goldman, Flint
Board of Directors
- Rachel Crandall Crocker, Founder
- Susan Crocker, Founder, President, Secretary, Treasurer
- Laci Marie Basel, Director since 2017
- Jesse Campbell, Director since 2017
- Jay Kaplan, Director 2002-2004, and councilperson since 2004. Staff Attorney for ACLU of Michigan's GLBT Legal Project, member of the Board for Michigan AIDS Fund. Worked as staff attorney for Michigan Protection and Advocacy Service for 13 years- founded HIV/AIDS Legal Advocacy Program there. Worked for legal services, specializing in housing law. Graduate of Wayne State Law School.
- Steph Turner, MPA. Director 2007-2009. Coordinated TGMI's strategic planning process, 2011-2012. Founded Jen Durr Services LLC to continue transgender economic empowerment focus.
- Alexandra Beninda, activist.
Honorary (former) Directors
- Vanessa E. Goldman, Director 2007 to 2018
Rachel Crandall Crocker, LMSW, Executive Director and Co-founder, is a licensed psychotherapist specializing in transgender issues. She is also an international transgender activist, and the founder and organizer of the International Transgender Day of Visibility. Ms. Crandall has consulted for corporations, government agencies, and universities. She runs the Transgender Michigan help line which is the first transgender help line in the US.
(800) 842-2954 x102,
Susan Crocker, EA, Operations Director & Co-founder, is responsible for the daily running of Transgender Michigan, from maintaining the website to paying the bills. Susan created the first program of Transgender Michigan, the Transgender Michigan Calendar. In addition to Transgender Michigan, she has been treasurer of Triangle Foundation and other non-profits.
(800) 842-2954 x103,